Saturday, 13 October 2012

Can see the finishing line...



I am almost complete. Check the pics and the vid.

 

The model with a weight I got from a fishing tackle shop. I'm not sure why I didn't think of this sooner instead of spending all that time making my own weights.


 Front view of the gear


Here I had tested using springs but it was still too sharp a reaction. I also realised that I could control all the limbs and the head with one control lever so I now only have one for the head and limbs and another one to operate the hand.


Here is the reduced lever set-up with the weight. I have used a slightly smaller weight as this one was too heavy and not needed (I think - I'll need to add the limbs first and see how they react).

video

All I need to do now are add the wires for the limbs and make a few cosmetic changes, add a lick of varnish and it'll be done! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment